Privacy has always been an important part of how we do business. We would like to make our policy concerning information collection and use absolutely clear. This notice explains our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way information is collected and used.
The Information We Collect
At Cato we respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. We do not collect personally identifiable information about you through our website unless you voluntarily provide it. However, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page(s) you visited. Cato will not sell your personally identifiable information to anyone. At any time, you may opt-out of providing such personally identifiable information by simply not providing it or by discontinuing your use of the Cato website.
Examples of personally identifiable information you may provide to us while using our site include:
- Email Address
- Street Address
- Phone Number
- Account Number (if applicable)
- Information about your computer and browser
If you want to customize some areas within our site or you ask detailed questions or request information that meets your specific needs, you will need to supply some personally identifiable information. This may include identifying topics of interest, supplying your title and function for business users, providing a home/office address or filling out account information for billing questions.
To improve our website, we collect information on the number of visits to our website, the time visitors spend on the website, the number of pages viewed and the domains from which visitors visit our website. This information is only analyzed by us in the aggregate; it is not associated with any specific individuals.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information you voluntarily provide to:
- Fulfill your request
- Help you quickly find and/or receive information about Cato
- Alert you to updated information and services
- Provide more complete service
- Improve the content of our website for your reference
- Answer your questions
In some cases, we may contact you to let you know about new products or services. If you do not wish to be contacted by us for this purpose, you may provide this request by the Contact Us form.
Cato does not sell the personally identifiable information you provide for financial gain nor does Cato share such information with third parties for the purpose of sending you advertisements for products or services unaffiliated with Cato or with its affiliates or business partners.
Cato may, however, share personally identifiable information that you provide to us for legitimate business purposes, including the following without limitation:
- Transferring such information to Cato affiliates and subsidiaries, unless such transfer is prohibited by law;
- Transferring such information as part of a merger, consolidation, acquisition, divestiture or other corporate restructuring (including bankruptcy);
- Making such information available to third parties who are providing the product, service or information that you have requested (but never your password);
- Making such information available to third parties who are providing services to Cato or its subsidiaries or affiliates (e.g., providing such information to third parties performing computer-related services for Cato or its affiliates (but never your password));
- Disclosing such information is allowed by law or our legal counsel forms a good-faith belief that such disclosure is required by federal or state law, subpoena or court order.
By providing personally identifiable information, you expressly consent to these privacy practices. Also, Cato reserves the right to share any aggregated information (i.e., non-personally identifiable information) with any third parties for any reason, unless prohibited by law.
Cato uses the highest available industry-standard practices to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration and destruction. Your payment and personal information is always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure, commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet. However, no security system is fail-safe, and Cato cannot guarantee the information you provide will never be obtained by unauthorized persons. The yellow lock at the bottom right-hand corner of a web page indicates that a user is on a secured site. In some areas of our web site, we require a user ID and password for you to access certain information. Cato will not disclose such password to third parties; however, you are responsible for maintaining the privacy and security of your password.
Obtaining And Correcting Personally Identifiable Information
If you wish to obtain a copy of the personally identifiable information that we have obtained from you through your use of this site, or you believe that we have personally identifiable information about you that is in error or you wish to delete any personally identifiable information that we have obtained from you through your use of our site, please contact us using the information below:
Cato Gas and Oil
P.O. Box 1030
1004 Parsons Road
Salisbury, Maryland 21803-1030
Links to Non-Cato Websites
ALL SALES ARE FINAL. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS